Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Strings In The Ozarks at Wildwood


On Labor day weekend Wildwood Springs Lodge, where we work had a Bluegrass festival with Seldom Scene, Sierra Hull & Hwy111 and The Grascals. The Hillbender's opened for all of the shows. Anyway, I got a lot of good pictures and had a great time!

The fun all started on Friday night with Seldom Scene. Nathan, Mom and I got to jam to a few tunes with their Dobro player, Fred Travers!!...

Here are a few pictures of the band...

They asked for an extra guitar, and so Nathan lent his, such an honor! :)


Lou Reid played it! :)
And Ben Eldridge played it...to whom it may concern: His youngest son, Chris plays guitar for The Punch Brothers and is really good! :)

Then Saturday we got to meet Sierra and the band and jammed before the soundcheck!!! It was great!! Wonderful people!



Then we watched The Hillbender's (They won the Silver Dollar City Single Mic competition,) open for Sierra Hull that evening. We hadn't gotten to see The Hillbender's perform Friday because we didn't get off work soon enough...so here are some pictures of them:

They put on a great show!

Sierra Hull & Hwy 111:



Really an amazing show....front row!! :)

Then we got a picture with our "heroes", Sierra and Ron Block! :)

The next day the Grascals played:

After their show, I talked with Danny Roberts the mandolin player and played his 1922 Loar! Not many people get to play those!! He was a really sweet person! Nathan and I got to play some songs with him before they left! It was a blast!

Then Nathan and I stayed up till 3 am jamming with Mark Cassidy and Chad Graves from The Hillbenders...really fun!!

If you would like to see more pictures, then visit my Facebook page. :) Or I might try to upload to Picasa but I'm not sure. :)

So that was our weekend. :)

God bless,
-Natalie

2 comments:

  1. It was so fun seeing y'all!! Wow it was amazing. Josh and I had a blast. Wish we could've jammed with y'all afterward. :)
    Hopefully see you soon,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! I wish we could have too! I'm glad you had a good time!!

    ReplyDelete